"This week's theme ... my sex tape."

Radio
""Well, from WBEZ Chicago, it's This American Life, I'm Ira Glass. Each week, of course, we choose a theme and bring you a variety of stories on that theme. This week's theme ... my sex tape."
--Ira Glass, Host
Not really. It's a parody. But a very good one. The music utilisation is particularly forensic. [via]

Updated 12/10/2011 A further This American Life deconstruction: This Spotify Playlist.  Now you too can be Alex Blumberg.  "Then Slovakia, one of the smallest nations in the European Union, voted against something called the European Financial Stability Facility package and the continent faced fiscal collapse."  Cue Ghosts I by Nine Inch Nails. [via]

Updated 15/10/2011 Ira has heard the sex tape. Or part of it. He tells the Village Voice:
"I've listened to about three minutes of it. His imitation of my writing and delivery are so dead-on, it was hard to keep listening and I stopped. If I had to articulate why, I think it was because hearing his version of me, made what I do on the air seem kind of dumb. And the impersonation was so good, I couldn't really pick a fight with it. So I had to decide, do I want to see myself as kind of trite and dumb? Seemed better to stop. Maybe I'll go back sometime."
A This American Life episode about impersonations can't be too long in coming ...

No comments: