my Dell Dimension C521 died

Life This morning, after being perfectly fine last night, my Dell Dimension C521 died. I press the small silver button on the front and although the amber light comes on, the machine makes a noise like a jet engine and goes no further.

I've no idea what's wrong with it, or why a computer that was only delivered in June 2007 should be playing up like this but if you have any suggestions, I'd be pleased to hear them.

I'm using the back up plan of my Compaq Mini netbook filling in the space which is left which is slower but at least I can stay connected with the world. Somewhat.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Sorry to hear this, especially after I recommended Dell to you. Hope their tech support is able to help.

Anonymous said...

Very recognizable,

I also had a Dell C521, bought in 2007. It died
end last year. Same behaviour. Bought a replacement board from China for about hundred dollars and it worked fine for 2.5 months. Now it broke down again. This model has apparently a design- or technical flaw. I therefore will not buy Dell again and make my own computer using the left overs.