smug-ass

Film This FARK post about the death of the US flavour of Blockbuster Video predictably allows visitors to swap stories about the service they've received:
"I was in there recently, and asked the guy behind the counter if they had "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". He told me, "We don't carry adult films, sir", with this smug-ass look on his face. Rather than argue the point, I went and tracked it down myself-- it had been placed in a weird spot, not in alphabetical order amongst the Blu-rays-- and then wandered back up front and rented it.

I expected some sort of reaction when he saw the title, but dude didn't miss a beat. It was like he'd forgotten all about the conversation we'd had about five minutes prior. Also, he was wearing a Puka-shell necklace, and anyone wearing Puka-shell necklaces should be immediately castrated."
Which is a tad harsh, but I see the point. You'd think someone wearing a puka-shell necklace would have heard of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (sorry). Further down the section, someone suggests that when Blockbuster finally goes, it might inspire a resurgence in family/indie rental shops. Let's hope so. I miss Lark Lane Video. Not that I'd cancel my Lovefilm subscription of course. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who still uses UK Blockbuster and what our service is like.

No comments: