New nu-Who.

TV There are people in the world now who aren't in the production team who've seen the first episode of the new series of Doctor Who due to the press launch tonight. They're talking about it on twitter or tossing about huge spoilers in reviews. The overall opinion is very positive, generally saying it's different but still brilliant.

I feel much as I did at about this time five years ago, unbelievably excited and desperately nervous at the same time (insert my usual football analogy here). It's a clean slate, albeit with some of the original chalk markings still apparent here and there. Luckily, this time, in interviews, the star isn't curiously talking about his role in the past tense ...



... and look at that a whole few seconds of the new episode. Isn't he great? Abrupt and charming and not talking down to the small girl. Reminds me somewhat of the relationship Eccleston had with the kids in The Empty Child. My guess about who the small child is? That it's Amy and the five minute jump will turn out to be fifteen years like Renette in The Girl In The Fireplace.

For the next ten days those precious few minutes will equal the Zapruder film for being poured over looking for clues ...

1 comment:

last year's girl said...

I adore her. Absolutely head over heels. And I think, on the strength of this, I'm finally starting to adore him too.

The BBC presenter was a bit naff though.

OH SO EXCITED.