Irony Again.

Life The saga/soap opera/something that happened of my televisions has moved on again. The 32” Toshiba, the one which I bought at Richer Sound last Monday, developed a fault. Several faults in fact:

- On the night I bought it, I switched between an AV channel and ordinary television. The sound from the first played over the other. Which was a bit disconcerting if thematically interesting because one was broadcasting a documentary about Africa and the other Deal of No Deal. But I assumed it was just first night jitters until ...

- A weird creaking noise whenever the television was turned over twenty on the volume control.

- The television visibly vibrated whenever anything bassy happened which was almost all the time because my parents watch acronym drama a lot (CSI, NCIS).

- It took ages to changing channels, sometimes waiting ten seconds before providing a new picture.

- The EPG failed pretty much all of the time, often only suggesting programmes on other channels.

- By the end of the week the signal would cut out altogether for long stretches, notably last night for ten minutes.

I decided to cut my losses. I took the television back to the shop this morning. I explained all of this to the gentleman behind the counter and asked for a refund.

I received the refund.

My parents are again watching their 26” Grundig television. They’re very happy. Mum said: “That other one was just too big ...”

1 comment:

Darren said...

EPIC WIN! :)