links for 2009-07-22

  • Liverpool to Manchester in thirty minutes. Blimey.

  • The US has its @stephenfry & @wossy moment.

  • How the other hemisphere lives.

  • "I had quite a difficult slot – it was 0200 to 0300 on Sunday 19th. So there was a sizable crowd in Trafalgar Square who were not terribly sober… they wanted to be entertained (is everything Britain's Got Talent?). I knew that the weekend night slots were likely to be more difficult but when you are allocated a slot your only option is to accept it or refuse it – there is no chance of swapping it. So I had decided to do it. A family member had said that the evening weekend slots were "skittles for drunks", and so it partly proved."

  • Very sorry to hear this. Good luck everyone.

  • I was waiting for this. Hadley Freeman (who I love) on the new look. She's wrong sadly. She's condemning the man rather than his suit, because he's not David Tennant (who she loves). Best comment underneath? "That's in fashion this season? Really? Everyone round here's wearing jeans and t-shirt."

  • .. and without the beard and hair (and I hope he dioesn't mind me saying this) looks exactly (almost) like he did at school.

  • Frankie, do you remember me?

  • Is that before or after he died? #torchwood

  • It's Doctor Who Blog and Message-Board BINGO! (I may have written myself into all four corners)

  • "Enhanced her voice may be, but on the one song she actually begins singing, "Tonight I Celebrate My Love," she has trouble pronouncing the word celebrate which was strange, considering her background."

  • Whilst I cast about trying to decide what to put in the regular weekend Spotify spot here's a fantastic set of links which demonstrates that no matter how deep you think you've reached into the catalogue there's always something you've missed. Is it wrong that I like the album of Britney covers so much? (Yes.)

  • The late king of pop recreated in potatoes and tomatoes. See also a cauliflower sheep and a penguin made from aubergine.

  • Good article, though it fails to mention that the whole Blair Witch project was killed stone dead by Blair Witch 2 which committed the sin of not taking its own premise seriously.

  • I still have the promo DVD this appeared on — it was given away with the first issue of DVD Review. I wish I was still this excited about them and less suspicious of Blu-Ray. It can't be that much better can it?

  • The final line in this article is probably why I send myself on these quests.
  • No comments: