I know this highlighted quotes thing is a bit annoying, but I'm too tired to offer anything which could reasonably described as coherent commentary...

... plus my feet are throbbing from my new shoes or as I like to think of them, the medieval torture implements I'm choosing to put on my feet on a daily basis like a vest of thorns.

  • Zooey Deschanel's Cotton Commercial!
  • In which she does an advert for the US cotton industry whilst apparently simultaneously parodying Katie Perry's image. Download the song here.

  • AE12: Hairy Facades
  • "Today the use of thatching is departing from its traditional form, being used as roofs but also walls, what I'm calling hairy facades."

  • How to Throw a Beach Party (In Your Apartment)
  • "Can't wait for summer?"

  • Healy Mapping Mission
  • "As rising temperatures melt the polar ice cap, five countries race to map their claims to a new energy frontier. The stakes are huge. Nearly a quarter of the world’s undiscovered oil and gas may lie beneath the seabed of this vast wilderness."

  • When *Bloggers* Attack!
  • "Mike Morgan, the creator of the gripe site www.GoldmanSachs666.com (clever Number of the Beast usage there, Mike) did what many bloggers often talk about but rarely do; he went on the legal offensive."

  • “Let the wild rumpus start!”
  • "President Obama reading Maurice Sendak’s Where the Wild Things Are to a group of children"

  • Open letter to all film and TV directors
  • "STOP SHAKING THE FUCKING CAMERA AROUND. FOR FUCK'S SAKE."

  • Waldeath
  • "I have seen hell, and it sells processed cheese and lawnmowers. And it is next to a motorway, and has a carpark the size of the moon. And before you know it, it will suck you in and you will walk out with a debt and a bag and a confused look on your face."

  • The Daily Mail: Campaigning both For AND Against the HPV Vaccine in Different Countries Simultaneously
  • "Are they insane?!"

  • They Really Wanted a Photo
  • "hree weeks ago, in Yemen, somewhere between Aden and Zabid and near Taiz — it could have been shortly after Lahj —"

  • The Most Precious Gift I've Been Given
  • "Only a few times in this space have I touched on my upbringing and family life as a child..."

  • Interview: Janeane Garofalo on 24, Henry Rollins,...
  • "I was offered a good job. At first I passed on it because of the right-wing nature of a couple of the writers. But then I realized A) I'm not being me, B) I was unemployed, and C) a very good friend of mine is on it, Mary Lynn Rajskub. And she loves it there."

  • Paul Brown on the Beatles' continuing online absence
  • "Frustratingly for digital music fans, the Beatles and a handful of other high-profile acts continue to occupy a small but significant gap in the online catalogues of the likes of iTunes and Spotify, preventing listeners from downloading and streaming some of the world's biggest artists."

  • *Google News* Scoops Next Steps in Google Search
  • "The age of the algorithm is over."

  • Clay Shirky on the failure of #amazonfail
  • "This isn’t because I am a generally stupid person; it was because I was, on Sunday, a specifically stupid person."

  • Doctor Who's Comedy Vehicle
  • " It didn't feel like a special, nor did it feel like a regular episode. Forever trapped in the some weird TV hinterland - like a daytime tv programme you can only glimpse through a convoluted series of angled mirrors."

    1 comment:

    Rob Buckley said...

    You have to love Zooey, don't you? I think it's the law.