Or should that be Godsend?

Empire: Jobs For The Girls
Thoughtful piece about the treatment of women in cinema and how the old stereotypes are still around and in fact the quality of writing for women has decreased.

PopJustice: 20 things you need to know about the new Lily Allen album
I can't wait to choose track 08 on the jukebox next time I'm at the pub.

'Blake's 7: The Early Years; Eye of the Machine/Point of No Return'
I wouldn't ordinarily point something like this out, but it's a good cast -- Colin Salmon plays Avon with Keeley Hawes and Geoffrey Palmer in supporting roles, and the music's from Alistair Lock who scored the early audios with the Eighth Doctor. [via]

The Movie Game with Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode
A quiz for Christmas Day. Hopefully the celebrities will include David Morrissey and Jason Isaacs.

I Hate You Library Patrons!

Classic Craigslist mayhem: "To the girls who smoke pot in the bathrooms: Yes it was me who called the cops. No that doesn’t make me racist and no you can’t come back. I don’t care that it’s going to rain. When you get arrested in my bathroom you can’t come back, even if it means you get wet. "

Alistair Cooke's 'letters' to The Times
Before Letters From America, Cooke wrote similar columns for The Times and their blog offers a sample with links to scans of the original articles.

Behind the Britney Story: A Conversation With Writer Jenny Eliscu
Rolling Stone goes meta by interviewing the journalist who interviewed Spears for their cover article.

Thanksgiving Dinner is Sadder in Space
I hope my US readers are enjoying the holiday weekend. If you're disappointed by your relatives cooking, take a look at the plate in this linked article, part of which looks like its already been digested.

Simon Heffer's irate email to Daily Telegraph staff

Oddly enough I can well sympathise with this, especially look at some of the mistakes, though considering the speed with which newspaper copy is churned out sometimes they're bound to happen, especially if they've let go of sub-editors who are vital in making sure the copy makes sense before it's published. On the couple of occasions I've been subbed it's been a godsend. Or should that be Godsend?

Incidentally, I've set up a shared items page at Google, some of which might be linked here too, most of which won't.

No comments: