to keep me busy



About I'm adding my voice to the choir. Bloglines is broken. One of the central destinations for many people's interaction with the web is not updating many of its subscriptions within the hour specified in their FAQ if at all. It's also regularly halting in the middle of an operation or the website is inaccessible for long periods, even in the new beta mode. Watching Twitter over the past week, I'm not the only one who's getting grumpy with some bloggers receiving emails from readers wondering why they haven't been updated for a while and other saying they're reluctantly going to Google Reader.

I don't want to do that. I like Bloglines, I like its functionality when it functions and having tried others over the years I've kept coming back. It seems to be a problem with parsing (if that's the right word) some types of feed, and when it doesn't seem to like The Guardian (some feeds - music, film - not updated since Saturday) or The Daily Kos (some time last week), big websites with lots of updates, clearly something has gone wrong at the back end. But there's been no word from Bloglines themselves about any of this and their news page just talks about a scheduled maintenance at the end of September.

Thankfully, I've got the above to keep me busy instead, bought with my government 10p tax rebate. "Andrew Jackson, brought a big block of cheese..."

1 comment:

Miss America said...

There's nothing like finding an outlet for denial like a good few episodes of The West Wing. Whether it's because of Bloglines being down, or the frustration of the real politics of the world; nothing says 'escapism' like a President who actually gets something done.

Enjoy ;)

Miss America