two covers and a spine

Check Out Zac Efron's New Look in 'Me and Orson Welles'
Richard Linklater's latest film which I have somehow missed, even though it's directed by him and features Claire Danes and is about Mr. Welles. Though this is much the same thing as happened with Before Sunset so I shouldn't be too surprised. I am delighted though, and early reviews are good. Meanwhile, Baz's new treat is being trailed and Guillermo is making a film about Charles Dicken's last few months. Which knowing him, shouldn't look too dissimilar to this.

Anthony Edwards Scrubs Back in at ER
I stopped watching ER years ago -- the storylines were becoming repetitious and desperate and damn I just missed the original cast. But I might just catch up if the final season's trying to rekindle the old magic.

The RSC's King Lear with Ian McKellen, Frances Barber & Sylvester McCoy is coming to dvd.
Are you hoping what I'm hoping?

Cyrano de Bergerac
New film with Kevin Kline as Cyrano and Jennifer (shucks) Garner as Roxanne based on a stage version.

"Read ... read ... READ! I meant READ!!"
Matthew makes a confession...

Rick or treat?
Astley is asked about rolling.

Unofficial Torchwood Series Guide Copies from Fan Journals
Actually that should be 'quoted from'. I'm in there too again (from here), but some livejournalers seem to have missed the point and are braying for -- well it's not entirely clear what. I write for fun and am just happy to see my work quoted in something which has two covers and a spine and can be bought in the shop and be read by a much larger audience than on the web. It's a pity these people can't see it the same way.

Hoodies beware: Kelly Reilly takes revenge in Eden Lake
“I've gone from being a normal woman who cares for children to someone who will kill any kid that comes near me!” she says. “There are no f***ing boundaries any more.”

Milky Way's black hole seen in new detail
The appearance of an average spacial anomaly from Star Trek: The Next Generation proved realistic.

Huge tribute to Lenin visible on Google Earth
"The message, which translates as "Lenin is 100", was cut into a forest in a remote region of Siberia. Each letter is around 80 metres high, and the entire message stretches for 600 metres."

Beauty and the Beast
Which looks like Doctor Who as directed by Tinto Brass.

Your Pocket Guide To Speaking Palinguage (Vol. 1)
McCain's pulled ahead slightly in the polls, but I think it is just convention bounce and won't last too long. It won't end in tears. Especially if there are enough of these around ...

No comments: