Superlambanana-on-and-on #9

Starry Sunflower

The End. Seventy of the lambs were on display at St. Goerge's Hall plateau yesterday and today ahead of the final auction (average guide price about £3000). I managed to pick off some that I missed because they were in far off places like the Wirral (!) or Speke (?). The plateau was packed with people, many like me taking those final shots to try to complete the set, though I somehow managed in my photographs to make the place look emptier than it really was.

Some will no doubt choose the spider, but I think the Superlambananas will be '08s great legacy. They've managed to bring people together, not just in terms of community groups in the creation of the pieces, but in visiting and photographing them, seeing people like me with the maps or Echo supplements seeking them out. You saw that today. There was a genuinely good atmosphere, with people laughing and largely waiting patiently for their turn. I wonder how many will be back on the streets in a few weeks, having been bought up by people without a thought as to were to put them.

They'll need a very big garden.

No comments: