Cow Trod Ho

Life Oh what the heck -- there's no point doing something if you're not going to write about it afterwards (well there are some things obviously). Last night I attended a special preview of Torchwood, the new spin-off from Doctor Who that I may have mentioned once or twice. Because I don't want to spoiled it for the few people who care and are reading this, I'm going to save the overly excitable madascheese review I knocked out into the wee small hours last night until Monday when everyone else has been there, but all I will say is that it's brilliant. Really, truly brilliant. Life on Mars, first season of Spooks, Whedonesque brilliant. I can only echo Graham's comments in a post which is also one of the funniest things I've read today. Most of the crowd at were winners of a competition through the BBC7 website so I'm not sure how many were 'fans' or just the generally interested. What I can say is the reaction was great, with people laughing throughout and gasping in all the right places. Although I'm sure only a fan would say it was worth a round trip to Manchester from Liverpool (or Coventry in the case of my neighbour) for an hour's worth of entertainment. But sometimes, you just have to be there ...

No comments: