Ask-a-man

Jobs I'm job hunting today and since I'm looking at all possibilities, I'm finding some very unusual opportunities, especially at the Job Centre Plus site. In amongst clubs looking for Poll Dancers and factories looking for Lingerie Quality Control Experts, I found an 'essay agency', for which the job description suggests that a student would hire the agency to write an essay for them, and the agency in turn would ask you to do the work for fifteen pounds an hour. It sounds like the perfect job, but ethically dodgy, especially if you're then going to list it on a CV -- also isn't the student trusting that the agency has grade-A writers on their books who are able to write an essay that will match their ability? But really my favourite so far has to be this advert from The Stage:
"Ask A Man?
We need articulate, caring men who can listen & give no-nonsense, straight forward, honest advice, by video and telephone, to help women understand men!

Flexible hours, earn up to £20 an hour.
Full training & support.

Informal Presentation@[some place]
October 27th 9am -12 OR 1pm - 4pm
ALTERNATIVE DATES AND VENUES AVAILABLE.
I don't know if its some new British wing of this organisation, but really, isn't this asking the impossible? I generally don't understand men and I am one.

No comments: