Ghost Post

Life I'm in the middle of a mood enhancing Before Sunrise / Before Sunset evening -- at the halfway point trying to let the first film sink in before I plough on with the second. Just listening to the soundtrack album as write which sounds nicely distorted through my rackety old speakers. I'm imagining that I'm in some ancient apartment in Paris and I can hear someone playing the first Julie Delpy track through the wall.

I've just been checking my news reader and found what I like to call a 'ghost post' -- these are items which people have written up and left on their blogs but then had second thoughts but by the time they're deleted they've been picked up by RSS for that readership. I could tell this was gone because the following post eluded as much. I won't tell you where I read it but it was about someone whose having a really bad patch and in the unlikely event that you're reading this I just want to say something to you that my mum would always say to me. These things do pass. Sometimes just existing is ok because it means the next thing is better. And these things have nothing to do with how clever you are. They just happen, they make you feel bad, and sometimes you have to care about yourself before anyone else, because the world might need you for the next thing.

No comments: