Still here, still writing

Life I've just spent the past two and three quarter hours in the university library writing an essay. At first this surprised me, especially as I didn't look up and certainly wasn't concious of the time. But then I remembered that I've been writing online for over five years and often for stretched much longer than that. I think I'm more impressed that I've been able to create something which is in a voice other then my own. It's obviously written in an academic style, featuring much longer words and a reasoned argument which is certainly something having haven't been doing for years.

The second module/course/lecture series/someone please give me a name for them is the fairly well described in the title, Gender and Sexuality in Contemporary French Cinema. The viewing list includes everything from Luc Besson's Nikita through Baise-Moi, Amelie and The Hairdresser's Husband. It really helps that again there a lots of films I love to be considered, although the readings seem as heavy as you'd expect -- I'll dive into some of those tomorrow ...

No comments: