Not quite parting...

Tv I can't really describe how excited I am about seeing those vital 45 minutes on Saturday. The closest I suppose would be local football fans and the European final or a Pink Floyd fan with a Live 8 ticket. The difference with those is that the outcome isn't known and can't be spoiled by anyone. With Doctor Who there was a press screening and now there are spoilers everywhere including I'm sorry to say my beloved Guardian. Turned a page and found a wonking great picture of something important (which I'd sort of figured out for myself anyway) and a bunch of paragraphs describing what happens. A sat paralised trying desperately to miss that text, to turn the page. I just about managed it.

Adrian Hon did not. So he complained to Janine Gibson, editor of the Media Guardian, followed quickly by one from Matt Wells the writer of the article. That's impressive customer service really, even if I'm not still entirely happy with the explanation. 'We weren't as bad as The Times?' Oh please ....

No comments: