'My hands...'

Life Lately I've been finding it very difficult to write. The ideas are all padding about in my head but when it actually comes to sitting at the keyboard and tapping the words onto the screen it's been a heartbreaking experience because I can't seem to be able to put them into sentences I'm at all proud of. Yesterday's Life Props column was torture because there were so many things I wanted to say, but I found myself casting about for the words and phrases, desperately trying not to repeat myself and for an elegance which was fundamentally eluding me. In the moments when I wanted to be frank or say what I really meant, cliche after cliche would get as far as my fingertips before I'd have to go back and think and produce something which was ultimately inferior. I'm not becoming bland am I?

No comments: