Links for 2004-10-07 [del.icio.us]

Links for 2004-10-07 [del.icio.us]

  • Mitch Benn talks Doctor Who
    I wish I'd known he was a fan when we were at school and the series was still actually on television
  • Healthy Chef Alex
    The official website of Alexandra Jamieson the girlfriend of Morgan Spurlock from 'Super Size Me'
  • The trouble with mobile games
    I have two games on my little Trium 110 and the ability to download none at all. But since of one them is Soko-Ban which I find simple and engrossing I'm happy.
  • SokoBan
    Lots of different online versions so you can see what I mean.
  • 'Apple of My Eye' by Helene Hanff
    The first place I heard about The Cloisters in New York. A New Yorker seeing the place as a tourist for the first time and discovering all kinds of places she never knew existed.
  • The Cloisters, New York
    A visitor page from The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
  • Old British kids' show was incredibly suggestive
    Wierdly, Boing Boing discovered the rude edition of 'Rainbow'. All together now ... 'One skin, two skins, three skins ...'
  • Film of the Day: Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould (1993)
    One of my I-Chings. For example it's here I found out that the best way to learn about someone is to talk to them about something which you wouldn't think they'd know anything about.
  • Star Trek: Enterprise gets epic
    "We have three-episode arcs and four-episode arcs, and what I think is that it gives you the best of both worlds." Yes and hasn't Doctor Who used that structure for over forty years?
  • 3 comments:

    anne said...

    Another site was hosting it - at the beginning of the year, they received a takedown notice (can't recall who made the request), but not before I downloaded a copy and shared it online - heh. Still have it on CD too precious to toss out.

    Stuart Ian Burns said...

    Are you talking about Rainbow?

    anne said...

    sorry - yes was referring to Rainbow.