' I've got to go to bed. I dread to think what I'm going to wake up to...'

That Day Three years on, and the creepiest abbreviation has become a shorthand with which we can all divorce an event with the date on which it happened. In the UK, we more commonly refer to it as "September 11th" which after a while will become curious -- in ten, twenty even thirty years only those who were alive now may have an understanding of what that means others will need the explaination which will take slightly longer, especially considering that the aftershocks are still rumbling on. In that Metafiler thread I said: "I've got to go to bed. I dread to think what I'm going to wake up to..." It was worse than I could have imagined. Does anyone know if the phrase 'War On Terror' had currency on and before September 10th 2001?

No comments: