Life In the last couple of weeks, my mobile phone finally became terminal. We've been together for about five years, but lately it hasn't been well and the other day it had a fit in the middle of the a call and I knew it was time to let it go. I now sits sadly, turned off, on the chest of drawers in my bedroom. After some shopping around I've found a replacement. Wanting to keep my sim card and my telephone number I went for a 'sim free' model and since I really only need it to make phone calls, and being a closet luddite I went for the cheap but functional Trium 110 from Mitsubishi (at the Carphone Warehouse). It's small, light (90 grams) with a black and white screen. You can see a picture of it here. I didn't really want to have to worry about a contract and I equally didn't want to spend a small fortune so this is perfect. The phone calls are clear and the sms simple to use (even if I haven't got the hang of the predictive texting yet). I don't know of this is going to be a beautiful friendship, but it does have a small animated dolphin on it's screen which reminds me of the 'So Long And Thanks For All The Fish...' scene from Hitchhikers so it'll grow on me. Now all I need to do is find an Enola Gay ringtone which matches my old phone. Some things shouldn't be changed.

No comments: