Life Now that the Christmas rush has died down and the winter begins it's sporadic meander of confusion into spring I've set about creating a series of 'places' that I can go regularly which aren't work or home. So I've been spending a lot of time in Starbucks and Soul Cafe, at the FACT centre and The Blue Coat Chambers. It's a change of scene, somewhere isolated from the usual distractions which life throws at you, an attempt in a way to find a way of creating the feeling of stillness I'd get during my commuter life. I hated the time which I'd spend traveling but I hardly ever hated the times when I travelled, two hours of the day when I there was nothing to do but read, listen to music or chat to new people. Now I'm slowy getting those times back, even if it's in a lunch hour here a wait for the cinema there. Which reminds me, I should start getting ready ...

No comments: