That Day So I'm 29 and I don't feel any different than I did when I'm 28. People ask if you feel different. Well I feel irritated that you keep asking me the same question -- I didn't have that before. Alright so perhaps I'm a bit more cynical.

Actually it was a fairly normal day. For me. Out of nowhere and without any prompting my parents gave me 'The Very Best of Cat Stevens', which struck me as really quite odd because I've never shown any leanings in that direction. But I like music so I like Cat Stevens and it's really, really good. And Father and Son hasn't been ruined at all by certain awful cover versions.

Went to Cheshire Oaks, bought some shoes, bought a shirt. For some reason the latest style in shirt seems to resemble Marks & Spencer's pyjama tops from the 1970s, so I didn't buy one of those. One of the joys of The Oaks was that it would carry end of line clothing at very cheap prices. Now some designer clothes shops have moved in and the prices only seem a bit cheaper than in the high street. Bought a couple of Christmas presents, although I'm all at sea this year in terms of that.

I did manage to pick up an All Saints single from 1995 before the Appleton sisters joined. It's the original version of the 'Let's Get Started' track from the first album, but rawer and strangely, vocally it's just as strong as the later version. Odd that. Not sure if we need the four versions which are on this single though.

Went for a meal in the evening at some restaurant in the middle of nowhere (well, Prescot Road). Honey roasted steak the taste of which is still hanging about the back of my mouth, which oddly isn't a bad thing. My mother is on first name terms with the waitress. Shocking how helpful that can be.

We've got the yearly circus in the field near our tower block again. It's a massive white tent this time, with coloured light back projected onto the inside. Looks spectacular at night. Went to bed with blue light dancing across my ceiling.

No comments: