Advertising It happens now and then that when I'm in the real world, actually talking to people, in the times that they actually talk back that the subject of the internet will come up with a bizarre regularity, and I'll happen to mention that I've got this website. And sometimes they'll even ask for a web address. Which leads to a scrabble around for a pen, and as happened on Friday night the embarassment of momentarily forgetting how to write. There is of course a single, simple way out of this. To print out a bunch of papercards with my email address and web address printed on them. Trouble is, I'm not sure what this would say about me. Anyone who's received an email from me will notice that I've got my web address in my signature, and somehow this feels OK. To have cards would be the reality equivalent of this, but it feels ostentatious. Like I'm prone to self publicising. In other words, I don't want to look sad. I'd like to know if anyone else has actually gone through with this and their experiences; also if they've just printed something out on paper or gone the whole hog and actually had special cards printed. I'll post the responses, make my decision and let you know what happens ...

No comments: