News I've been wondering of late why I don't write about the news here. Myra Hindley died tonight and UK firemen have just returned from a 48 hours strike with another coming soon (possibly) unless a deal is done. Both heady subjects and I'm sure there will be other bloggers writing long passages as you read. But I won't be commenting on them or a great number of what must be quite important news stories. To be honest I simply don't know enough about the subjects to give an informed opinion. I don't know what the mood was like when the moors murders were taking place; I can't imagine conditions must be like for some fire workers. Which leads to my other reason -- how can anyone. Why do people have this inbuilt need to express their opinion on subjects they don't know anything about? Television news programmes have of late been asking people to 'text' in how they feel about a subject, express themselves in 260 or so words. And often the answers are fatuous and ill informed. I just don't see the point in adding to this collecting mass of trash here. Not about the news anyway.

No comments: