Interlude I'm taking something of a forced break from the web for a few weeks. Don't worry, it isn't anything sinister. Well, not really. My home machine has stopped accessing webpages. It connects to BT's server OK -- so it isn't a connection problem, but when it tries to download the specified page, it brings up the Microsoft 'DNS error' page instead. I've re-installed Win98, and Explorer, the BT Internet software, and nothing's worked. I'm going to try my engineer when I can get him, but for now .... here I am in one of few Internet Cafe's in Liverpool City Centre paying two pund per half hour to check my email. Could it be something to do with WinSock? What is that anyway? So anyway, I'm moving house in the next few weeks anyway, so this is probably a good thing ... everyone needs a break from the web now and then for whatever reason.

Of course I would be unable to update the logo bar now, on that picture, wouldn't I? Anyone worked it out yet? The proze is still up there for grabs and I'll be checking my email every few days. I'll post the winner (if there is one) when I can. Take care and I'll speak to you soon.

No comments: