Food It must be quite painful for restaurant owners to see a bad review -- like plays these things can mean the difference between a long run and closure within a month. This a particular stinker, as the reviewer Sarah Spencer tries her best to say lots of nice things about il Basilico in Budapest but finds herself obsessing over a little thing .. those damn mushrooms:

"In my reserved English way I chose not to immediately investigate the case of the missing mushrooms, however, as the meal wore on I became more and more indignant about paying full price for only half an order. Finally I worked myself up into such a frenzy that when the waiter came to clear the plates I politely inquired as to the artichokes’ whereabouts."

They do their best by offering a complementary sweet it must be quite galling that for the manager that the focus of the review of his restaurant would be an edible fungus.

No comments: