The Trains A man in a mac during a voxpop on BBC News tonight summed up how I feel about the state of Britains railways. He said, "The one thing which seems to have been missed is the sheer frustration of using the trains". I know what he means -- if a film crew had followed me around on my way in to work this week they'd be able to see it. Only one evening was my train on time. Another evening I came home on an earlier train which was half an hour late, and if I hadn't caught it, my scheduled train would have been late. On two other evenings the my actual train was delayed for twenty minutes to half an hour -- which meant if I wanted to get home within an hour and a half I had to get completely different train and change at a branch line station to a stopping train. Believe me, if anyone reading this considers commuting in the UK in the north, forget it. No one should have to feel as relieved as I do sometimes when I get on my train home... [related articles from The Guardian]

No comments: