Age I found myself in a discussion with my fellow co-workers today about the relative merrits of todays top pop acts. The crux of the matter was whether Nelly Furtado or Natalie Imbruglia were the greater artist. Since I'm something of an admirer of both I kept much to the side lines, offering support for Ms. Imbruglia wherever possible. Then things turned to Kylie Minogue. Now, Minogue was my first pop idol crush until I moved onward to Debbie Gibson. The gentleman voiced the opinion that 'Kylie's better than both of them.' And I mentioned that I was a fan of Kylie the first time around in 1987 but now she seems somewhat manufactured (or perhaps more manufactured than in the past). I thought for a moment and asked him when he was born.
'1983.' He said.
He was four when Scott and Charlene tied the knot. I suddenly felt very, very old....

No comments: