Listless As I left this morning, for the first time I just sighed. He asked me what was wrong. I told him I knew there where about a thousand worthwhile things I could be doing today instead of going to work. He didn't know what to say. I usually have a bit of nervous excitement on the train journey to Manchester, but I read my paper quietly, yawning. During work I seemed fine. On my way home I flicked through a not very good web magazine but looked out of the window for much of the time. I ate a pizza for tea tonight, but it wasn't a bit appetising (even with coleslaw). My only truly contented moment was seeing that new graphic unfold just above. For this first time, in a long time, this website has lived up to its name. It is the next day. I am happier. But will still be eating coleslaw -- there is nothing better for hiding the taste of frozen pizza...

No comments: