Chat Chatalyst is like Metafilter without topics or Matt Haughey. I used to haunt here and a few other chatrooms quite I lot when I first went on-line, but gave up as the average conversation would be:

feelinglistless enters the room...
Devil666: Hey feelinglistless
feelinglistless: Hello
Devil666: m/f, age, locale...

Which seems fine - except if there are twenty people there and they all say this at the same time it tends to shorten the chances of anything constuctive. The most fun is logging in via multiple browsers and having a surreal conversation with yourself and seeing how the other 'chatters' react. My favourite ever quote on-line was when I logged in as JFK and Jackie-O and had a marital dispute. It went ignored for ten minutes, until suddenly someone from nowhere said: "What's with all the kennedys?" Chatalyst is at least worth a visit then, to see how people are connecting in the darker corners of the net...

No comments: