Happy Gilmore.

TV You will have heard the exciting news that the Gilmore Girls is returning as a limited series on Netflix (which reminds me that I should get around to watching seasons four to seven which I've been saving for too long) (yes even seven) (because apparently this is going to be a sequel).

Lauren Graham has been interviewed about the scripts and is very happy. There's also an indication that Amy Sherman-Palladino is utilising a clever structure in order to maximise the amount of narrative ground covered:
"TVLINE | Have you read all four scripts?
I haven’t read the last one. We just got it. They’re looong. [Laughs] I read “Winter,” “Spring” and “Summer.”

TVLINE | Are fans going to be happy?
[Pauses, adopts a serious, thoughtful tone] For sure. For sure. I read a scene with Kelly [Bishop, who plays matriarch Emily] today… and it was just completely alive. We have some really nice story together. And there’s definitely some resolution that we didn’t get [at the end of the series’ original run].
One of my favourite elements of the show was how it dealt with seasons and celebrations so hopefully this means we'll still get the Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines and err Summer break episodes.

No comments: