"I've seen every episode of Doctor Who. Not Red Dwarf, though..."

TV Somebody beat me to the punch with posting the news about the sale of the new series to the US both here (hey Paul!) and at Whedonesque, another blog dedicated to all things Joss Whedon. The above quote is from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer -- it appeared in the episode 'Smashed' from season six. I'm linking to their relevant post here, not just for some cross genre website link love, but also because an interesting discussion is happening regarding Whedon's influence on the new series opening with some great quotes from Russell, Paul Cornell and Tony Head (it's something I certainly mentioned in my review of Rose all those months ago). See also the grin inducing moments when people who remember the PBS broadcasts here for the first time that a new series has actually been produced. How exciting!

No comments: