Hadley Freeman's interviewed Danny Dyer.

Theatre Hadley Freeman's interviewed Danny Dyer. It's a transcript thingy but it's amazing nonetheless, saving the hatchet for the footnotes. Here he is on working with Harold Pinter from The Abominable Snowmen:
Harold Pinter mentored you as a young actor. What do you remember about him?
I miss him, you know, he was a good influence on me. He was the only person who I feared but loved. He had faith in me, he suffered all my shit because he knew I was a talented actor. He was a fucking tyrant, too, you know, but he could get away with it because he was so enchanting. He was a poet.

Do you think he'd like Vendetta?
I'd love to know what he thought of Vendetta. If he didn't like it he'd tell me straight; there were no airs and graces about him. I learned so much from him that set me up for the rest of my career.
No really. And it's all like that. Amazing.

No comments: