The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

Books Anonymous but self explanatory, Christie in a Year is attempting to read the whole of Agatha's canon before next January. In April, they covered The Murder of Roger Ackroyd:
"First and foremost, rereading The Murder of Roger Ackroyd does not make it easier. Many years ago I did not grasp the subtlety the authoress had shown in giving clues inside the clues between the lines. As a teenager neither could I relate the significance of the mongoose family quote in Rudyard Kipling’s Jungle Book nor understand the reason George Eliot’s autobiographical novel The Mill On The Floss is mentioned. I did remember some details although they were rather confusing to my young mind at that time. I therefore set myself a task to find the layered meaning behind phrases or sentences that seems odd or out of place. Perhaps in some incoherent paragraphs that may shed lights towards whodunit."

No comments: