"Quebec, Russia, Switzerland and the Member States of the European Union"

The Law Vegard urges us to read the small print, even on computer games:
Chapter 17 is, in its entirety, devoted to defining how disputes between you and EA should be resolved. This chapter make up the bulk of the license agreement, so EA is really going all in to cover its ass. As far I can tell – but I might be wrong on this one – Section A is the only section that explicitly excludes Quebec, Russia, Switzerland and the Member States of the European Union; the rest of the chapter also covers these regions. By agreeing to the license, you say it’s OK that you and EA resolve all disputes out of court. From chapter 17, section C, Binding Arbitration:
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY THIS PROVISION, YOU AND EA FOREGO THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL.
In addition to the class action waiver, EA also stops you from ganging up on them in section D,
I'm never agreeing to anything ever again. Now I'm looking for my old 90s copy of X-Wing to check that I haven't become a sleeper agent for the Empire without my knowledge.

No comments: