"I'd take two baseball caps"

The Law Terry Turner in the Sioux City Journal remembers a childhood spent imagining himself as Sherlock Holmes:
"As a kid I would always try to imitate the heroes I saw up on the silver screen and Sherlock Holmes was no exception. After watching one of those movies I would grab one of my mother's dish towels and drape it around my shoulders in the style of a Victorian cape. That dish towel could also be used when I played Superman or Batman. But as Sherlock Holmes in addition to the cape I'd take two baseball caps and put one on with the bill facing forward and the other with the bill facing backward. It made the perfect deerstalker cap just like the great detective wore."
I can't decide if this story works best with Woody Allen or David Sedaris's voice in my head.

No comments: