like Morgan Freeman, Clint Eastwood, and Edward James Olmos

Museums How should you behave in an art museum. Apparently looking at the art isn't always at the top of the list of priorities:
"Basically, a covert class-mobility agenda. I knew my kids might cause problems, but when it comes to doing that hard-ass inspirational routine that people like Morgan Freeman, Clint Eastwood, and Edward James Olmos do in movies, I’m hopeless, so I told them to meet me in the lobby in two hours and not get into trouble. I wandered off to have my usual neurotic museum experience. Occasionally I’d see the kids dart by at a speed not really appropriate for a place that housed fragile, invaluable objects, and I’d think to myself: well, nobody knows that I brought them here."
People like this writer, Timothy Aubry, are the reason I have to spend every museum visit listening to classical music in an attempt to concentrate on what should be the main reason for being there [via].

No comments: