on the subject of writing memoirs.

People Short interview with Elizabeth Wurtzel on the occasion of moderating a panel at the Brooklyn Book Festival which includes news that she has new book (possibly) coming and this insightful comment on the subject of writing memoirs:
"I think that I try to be careful about other people. I try to keep their lives private. I can’t think of anything in particular, I’m trying to think of something I wish I hadn’t said or done in writing. There are things I wish I hadn’t said or done in real life. When you’re writing a book or an article even, you go through so many drafts and edits and there’s so much time to reconsider everything, I think it’s pretty clear by the time you’re at the final point that you know what you’re doing. So, I can’t think of anything, but there might be other people who wished I hadn’t written something, but I don’t feel that way."
My heart went pop today for the first time in a long while. I'd almost forgotten what it felt like. I'm glad that it's still possible.

No comments: