produce a poster.

TV An email ...
To: Licensing and Creative, Pyramid International (official licensees for Doctor Who posters)

Hello,

While your Doctor Who character posters are very exciting, some of us fans and kids and fans who are kids and fans who have kids always love something interactive. It's why we purchase the Sonic Screwdrivers and standees in our droves.

Why not produce a poster of the crack in Amy Pond's wall when she was seven years old?

Then we could put it up in our own bedroom walls, run our fingers along it and survey it with our sonic screwdrivers and say epic things about time being out of joint etc.

After suggesting it to the population of twitter, most people thought it best if I drew one with a marker pen or simply cut a hole in the wall myself. But I'm not sure the landlord would like that. Plus it has to be portable. The fictional crack itself certainly seems to be.

But then again, if the first one sells well you could produce a series, "Cabinet War Rooms" "Starship UK" "The crack beside Craig Owens' fridge" "The one that killed Rory" and a giant sized special "The Byzantium crack".

Sounds bonkers but you'd be amazed what us fans will buy. You should see our houses.

Take care,

Stuart.
Send.

6 comments:

Ian said...

Did you actually send that ?

Stuart Ian Burns said...

Of course I did. When they asked for a job description I put "Doctor Who fan".

Ian said...

Did you get a reply or did they just think you were a loony ? lol

Stuart Ian Burns said...

I'll keep you posted...

Kate said...

May I suggest you consult this web site if you wish such correspondences to be taken seriously :

http://www.usingenglish.com/resources/letter-writing.html.

You don't start a letter with "Hello" and you certainly don't finish one with "Take care", unless you're writing to an American pen pal !
No offence, but for us English teacher's it grinds somewhat ;)

Stuart Ian Burns said...

Well, yes, I know that. I was being semi-satirical.

Plus you'd be surprised how often my on-line queries are replied to when I simply say "Hello" at the top.