luxuriate

Music What I've always loved about Shakira (other than her music -- aaawooo etc) is that just when you think you've read the same interview over and over again (which generally boils down to the journalist describing how clever she is even though her lyrics are funny), there's always some new bit of information or quote that you have to read twice to make sure to read it correctly the first time. Witness this interview with The Guardian's Alexis Petridis Luxuriate in the warmth of:
"after touring the Oral Fixation album, she declined to start work on a follow-up, preferring instead to don a disguise and study history at UCLA. "It was such a long tour, I needed a break from me. The universe is so broad, I cannot be at the centre of it. So I decided to go to the university and study history for a summer course, just to kind of switch gears, taste the student life. I used to wear a cap and a big backpack, I looked like a boy. I didn't get recognised. Some people looked at me very suspiciously, a few people asked me, but I told them my name was Isabelle. I would go to university over and over again if I could."
If someone submitted that story as a film proposal they'd be laughed out of the office because it sounds so unlikely. I'd love to see the faces of said students when they realise who they were trying to make friends with: "I knew there was something fishy about that chick..." they might say depending on how students in America talk these days.

No comments: