Bye Stephen

Music I very was sorry to hear about the death of Stephen Gately. Boyzone where never on my music radar, or at least I thought they weren't until the inevitable clips appeared in news reports and I knew every word of the songs emanating from their stools. Talia offers some commentary here. Like Take That and The Spice Girls, they always seem/seemed like tremendous sports. Their first television appearance was in front of a bemused audience and Gay Burn on Ireland's The Late Late Show. Earlier this year, as part of their reunion efforts, they reappeared on the show and gamely attempted to recreate their dance routine, fifteen years on:



Rather brilliant, I'm sure you'll agree. Bye Stephen.

[Updated: I've been reminded that this is a Doctor Who related loss as well. Gately was in the Doctor Who audio The Horror of Glam Rock and sang the title song, 'Children of Tomorrow'.]

No comments: