rare housekeeping

Museums This is one of my rare housekeeping posts. Now that the summer is drawing to close (oh it is, you know it is, look out of the window) I think it’s about time I got on with my other slightly dormant project of visiting all of places listed in Edward Morris’s Public Art Collection In North-West England. Looking over the places I’ve written about so far, I was surprised to see how close I am to completion. Here is a reproduction of the contents page with links added to the galleries or museums I’ve already been to:

Accrington - Haworth Art Gallery
Altrincham - Dunham Massey
Birkenhead - Williamson Art Gallery and Museum
Blackburn - Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery
Blackpool - Grundy Art Gallery
Bolton - Bolton Museum, Art Gallery and Aquarium
Burnley - Towneley Hall Art Gallery and Museums
Bury - Bury Art Gallery and Museum
Carlisle - Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery
Chester - Grosvenor Museum
Coniston - Brantwood and Ruskin Museum
Grasmere - Wordsworth and Grasmere Museum
Kendal - Abbot Hall Art Gallery
Knutsford - Tabley House and Tatton Park
Lancaster - Lancaster City Museum and Ruskin Library, Lancaster University
Liverpool - Walker Art Gallery, Sudley House, Tate Liverpool, University of Liverpool Art Gallery and The Oratory
Macclesfield - West Park Museum
Manchester - Manchester City Art Gallery and Whitworth Art Gallery
Oldham - Oldham Art Gallery and Museum
Port Sunlight - Lady Lever Art Gallery
Preston - Harris Museum and Art Gallery
Rawtenstall - Rossendale Museum
Rochdale - Rochdale Art Gallery
Runcorn - Norton Priory Museum
Salford - Salford Museum and Art Gallery and The Lowry
Southport - Atkinson Art Gallery
Stalybridge - Astley Cheetham Art Gallery
Stockport - Stockport War Memorial and Art Gallery
Warrington - Warrington Museum and Art Gallery
Wigan - The History Shop

Well, technically I have already been to couple of those, but it was years ago, before the project began and I’d like to go back for a refresher. Also, in theory I haven't seen Blackpool or Stalybridge since one was closed for refurbishment and the other rarely has its collection on show. By my count I have sixteen left to go. How the hell do I get to Norton Priory?

No comments: