largely unwatched on my PVR

TV Ian Jones offers a perfectly reasonable assessment of Comic Relief Night:
"They believe every Comic Relief Night must have “a Peter Kay in it”. Preferably the man himself, even if, as in 2005 and 2007, he’s not actually live in the studio. Or, as was the case this year, even if he’s not actually done anything new at all, but is still “in it” thanks to a caption that introduces stand-up Jason Manford with the patronising statement “is he Peter Kay’s son?” and a clip from a DVD that was released in the shops a few years ago in which Peter talks about filming his appearance for the 2005 fundraiser which viewers are reminded was “the most famous Comic Relief video ever”."
I still have the whole thing sitting largely unwatched on my PVR. I don't know if I can face it. I miss the ramshackle early days when the comedians were actually in the studio and there was some attempt at being cutting edge. At least Dame Edna Average isn't taking up whole hours anymore.

No comments: