I still, can't quite, believe it.

I'm just about back on track having slept for ten hours last night. I haven't done that in years. I can't stop smiling. I saw someone today who raised their fist aloft and shouted "Obama!". I had to repeat the gesture. I still, can't quite, believe it.

Now for some BO (Before Obama) & AO (After Obama) excitement:

“I think the thing that gets me is,” I slur, “The French thing.”
Sarah Palin apparently didn't know who the members of NAFTA were. The more I'm hearing about this woman, the more I'm becoming convinced that substance is back on the agenda rather than image.

MAIL-ORDER FRIENDS: THE COMIC BOOK SQUIRREL MONKEYS
I just assumed they were plastic, I didn't think you could actually mail order a real monkey which turned up in what amounted to a shoe box.

Which Adviser Are You?
Captures life in a call centre perfectly. Wrap or idle, anyone?

You looking at us?
"I'm in The Ship & Mitre in Liverpool's Dale Street" is a sentence I didn't think I'd ever read in a national newspaper.

Lost Gems: Life Story
Still one of my favourite films (previously).

Obama: First Trekkie President?
Says Nimoy: "About a year and a half a go I was at a political event and one of our current campaigners for the office of President of the United States saw me, approached, and he gave me the Vulcan signal…it was not John McCain"

Obama has won a historic mandate. But delivering his promised 'change' will depend on holding that support through 2012
Just after the first election in The West Wing, Leo is talking to a senator who's already talking about re-election and they agree on one thing. It does get earlier and earlier.

The nature of work - visible, invisible, and that doesn’t look like work
"One of the big problems with working in a knowledge job is that much of your work is done in your head. There is no way to embody what goes on in your brain, no matter how important it is in helping you to attain your goals. Indeed, a lot of what knowledge workers do is very creative, and creativity needs to be fed. That means knowledge workers can often end up doing things that, to the uninitiated, look like anything except work."

No comments: