cold dead pair of eyes

Excerpts from the depositions of Madeleine Peyroux
Dance me to the end of love. The things you find on YouTube. More here. Has this been seen anywhere else?

Meanwhile, Natalie Imbruglia is still single.

On “The Time of My Life”
Following on from yesterday, here's a US review of one of the best Doctor Who Magazine comic strips of recent times, which was just as heartbreaking as the actual television programme's final minutes and indeed might have been as good an ending there too. I love this piece in particular because it's someone essentially discovering the magnificence of the DWM strip for the first time.

Sarah Palin Debate Flow Chart
Never mind the winking, didn't she have a cold dead pair of eyes? They reminded me the buttons which masqueraded as such in these leprechauns -- at no point was I convinced she really believed anything she was saying.

Street Hello Love: Please, Join Me In a Revolution People!
I love the concept, but the execution, especially around these parts, um no. But if only it was possible.

Prank Calls: Robin Cooper
From the writer of The Time Waster Letters.

Is it Meta or is It Crazy?
I wonder if this ever happened to Alanis Morissette.

Rain Man rising above the erotic
Just because -- that headline, really? "I'm not wearing any underwear. I'm definitely not wearing any underwear."

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist Strikes Sweet Chord
The trailer's too long which is never a great sign and the article's comparison with Dazed and Confused is misguided, but this looks like it could be a fairly decent teen rom-com in the tradition of Loser and Mystery Date. That's a good thing by the way.

Writers' rooms: Jonathan Bate
Editor of the RSC's Complete Works has a play about Shakespeare in the works.

The Moon that went up a Hill but came down a planet
"Every now and again I get an email from someone who tries to tell me that the moon orbits the Sun more than it orbits the Earth..."

No comments: