Norwegian Girls in London Play Handball to Keep Fit

About six years ago when I was enjoying the commuter life and very tired one evening, I posted the text of one of my favourite magazine articles ever. It is from the Picture Post, war time stalwart of the British press and featured, well, Norwegian girls playing mud-football in the park. On the one hand it's a selection of good action shots, but there's some human interest in the closing paragraph, because we discover that their journey to London and escape from Germany was fraught with danger. A couple of weeks ago I received an email from someone who had a postcard of the cover and thought it might feature her grandmother which has spurred me on to find the article which you can now see below. That post has become something of a hit magnet over the years for reasons you can probably guess, but really it's completely innocent. Isn't it?



No comments: