"Some of the stuff, they try not to tell you."

TV It seems pointless to post a link to every US interview with John Barrowman related to the Torchwood on BBC America, but this one at MediaBlvd is interesting for including a few titbits which I wasn't aware of, like what the series that became Torchwood was called before Doctor Who made the commissioning process a touch easier:

"Executive Producers Russell T. Davies and Julie Gardner had a conversation, well before they started Doctor Who, about doing a science fiction type show, called Excalibur, about this team of people who do these exceptional things and save the world. So, it was an idea, prior to the conception of the new release of Doctor Who, but I wasn’t informed about it until after the first series. I was called in for a meeting, where they told me I would be involved in Series Two. And then, there was a little hiatus, and they called me in for another meeting. As the true actor, I was thinking, “Oh, shit, I’m out of the show now.”

Excalibur? Well if it was good enough for Chris Claremont and Alan Davis ...

No comments: