Not many.

Life I began the process of signing on for Job Seeker's Allowance today for the first time in about four years. The process is far smoother than four years ago too -- where once there was massive and massively complicated form that needed filling out whilst in the Job Centre with the hustle and bustle happening about, now everything is done over the phone, with a callback for all of the fiddly financial bits and appointment making. I'm willing to temp, I'm willing to travel and I'm willing to work between Eight and Eight, although shift work is ok too. Most amusing moment? When asked what I want to do. 'Something in the film and media industry. Jobs in film journalism, film archiving, film marketing, film education anything in that area really.'
'We don't get many of those through.' Said the man from the Job Centre.

No comments: