crisis of identity

"there has been, of late, an underlying urge to do or be something other than what i am. i have felt the deep need to escape this family and the crushing disappointment of having reached twenty-seven and done nothing worthy of consideration or account. there are no forms of recognition hanging on my wall, no university degree or certificate that says that i am anything. the fact of my high school diploma is even questionable in its value. i don't necessarily want the praises of this society and my ideal would be to change my culture's ideas about what is valuable, but still i have that feeling of lacking because nothing i've done is of any matter enough to be designated as worthy of a paycheck." -- anna kiss

anna was always one of my favourite bloggers she stopped writing for a very long time. but thanks to rss, i know that she's back and still getting to the nub of things. welcome back anna. i missed you.

2 comments:

anna kiss said...

*kiss* Nice to see myself linked. Hope you're well and you're still getting my Christmas cards...

xoxo,
anna kiss

Stuart Ian Burns said...

Oh hello.

Certainly am. Did you get mine to you this (last) year?