singin'

Film For me, Anthony Rapp will forever be Daryl 'Straydog' Coopersmith from Chris Columbus magnum opus Adventures in Babysitting, because y'know "no one leavin' this place without singin' the blues' ". It transpires that he's also in Columbus' adaptation of the musical rent which still awaits release in the UK but has apparently already turned up on dvd in the US. The AV review the commentary. Typical quote:
"Columbus: "Some asshole in Variety said that the cinematography, the compositions were poor. I thought, 'What the fuck are you thinking? What movie have you seen?' The cinematography is some of the best I've ever seen. It's just all good."
Gang member: "Don't fuck with the Lords of Hell."
Chris Parker: "Don't fuck with the babysitter."

[Let's not forget that Babysitting also features The West Wing's Bradley Whitford's seminal performance as Mike Todwell and Law and Order's Vincent D'Onofrio as Thor. Films were more fun in the eighties weren't they?]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the memories... I loved Adventures In Babysitting! It seemed to be the one film that my mom sat down to watch, I still get a little sick to my stomach during the rat/cat scenes, and can I just tell you? Elizabeth Shue is still hot. Man, I love chicago. Though, I must say it's weird now to revisit some of those 80s flicks... Neverending Story and Spaceballs just weren't the same upon revisitation, I have regrets about turnishing their memory with my "age of the computer" mind. and Howard the Duck? Oh, the shame... but I guess that was life through the eyes of a child. I miss that.